The Community Aids, Equipment and Assistive Technologies Initiative (CAEATI) helps people with a disability participate in their communities by providing subsidy funding for a range of aids, equipment and assistive technologies.
CAEATI Prescribers conduct specialist assessments to determine the assistive technology that meets the needs of clients.
Once a suitable device has been trialled and selected, prescribers work with the client to complete and submit the relevant application form. Specific eligibility, application and documentation requirements are provided in the CAEATI Guidelines.
To see these guidelines, go to: http://www.health.qld.gov.au/mass/community-access/default.asp.
Funding is capped at $10,000 per client for a period of 3 years. The scheme allows funding towards the cost of a registered therapist to assist the client with the application process ($500 maximum per application up to a maximum of $800 every 3 years).
The scheme subsidises the costs of:
- a registered therapist to assist the client in completing the full CAEATI application
- assistive technology to aid communication, mobility and physical access to the community
- assistive technology to aid with active participation in recreational and civic activities
- postural support to improve functional participation
- Qualified occupational therapists, physiotherapists or speech therapists registered with their relevant professional body
Popular CAEATI Product Categories
Get to know eMASS
BOOK A TRAIL
- eMASS provides a tool to identify contracted MASS & CAEATI equipment and book a trial.
- Your trial request will automatically be sent to your preferred Aidacare sub-contractor who will conduct the trial with you and your client. Read More
REQUEST A QUOTE AND COMPLETE YOUR MASS 20 APPLICATION
- Within minutes of submitting your MASS order, you will receive a formal Aidacare quote with MASS contract pricing.
- Your quote will be emailed to you and available for your eMASS dashboard Read More
OFFLINE PROCESSING & FULLY SYNCRONISED WEB AND APP SYSTEM
- The iPad App is operable without network connection.
- Access all parts of the application and create and submit an order without network connection.
- System synchronises once a connection is re-established. Read More
DASHBOARD MANAGEMENT, CONFIRMATION AND COMMUNICATION
- Orders displayed in a dashboard
- Quickly Identify order status
- Identify Aidacare team members
- Communicate with Aidacare tea