APT: How to prevent and manage pressure injuries with ROHO, Rockhampton
Rockhampton Conference Centre, 25 Yeppoon Road, Parkhurst QLD 4702
We all know that pressure injuries can develop in anyone with reduced mobility, and if left untreated, they can result in pressure ulcers and can lead to serious complications.
Duration: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (AEST)
We all know that pressure injuries can develop in anyone with reduced mobility, and if left untreated, they can result in pressure ulcers and can lead to serious complications. The aim of this seminar is to show you how to prevent and manage such injuries successfully.
In this course we will:
- Discuss the latest research relating to tissue deformation and aetiology of pressure injuries
- Explain how ROHO Dry Floatation technology works
- Discuss clinical applications of the ROHO pressure care cushions, backs and mattresses
- Demonstrate pressure mapping using the XSensor Pressure mapping system
- At the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to: Identify stages of pressure injuries and issues related to seating stability, skin protection and postural support
- Learn how to set up ROHO cushions and mattresses
- Understand the benefits of using the XSensor Pressure mapping system
About the Trainer:
Malene Ahern is a Physiotherapist with 15 years of experience in neurological, orthopaedic and geriatric rehabilitation.
In her role, she has worked with adults with a diverse range of needs. Malene’s work has included working in hospital, community, vocational rehabilitation, research (academic and clinical) and her own private practice.
Her areas of interest are working with clients with neurological impairments, aged care rehabilitation, clinical research and promotion of evidence-based practice.