APT Free Seminar - Ottobock Powerchairs (Intermediate)
Travelodge Hotel Newcastle (Lower Hunter Room), 12 Steel Street, Newcastle NSW 2302
Aims to provide an overview of power wheelchairs, starting with the basics and then expanding from there to provide scope for more experienced clinicians.
All Day Session: 9.30am to 3.00pm
OTTOBOCK POWERCHAIRS (Intermediate)
This workshop aims to provide an overview of power wheelchairs, starting with the basics and then expanding from there to provide scope for more experienced clinicians.
- Add-on drives, Powerchairs, and Scooters and when to recommend them
- Rear Wheel Drive, Mid-Wheel Drive, and Front Wheel Drive Powerchairs
- Power Functions, what are the most common and when to use them
- The basics of fitting and measuring a power wheelchair (hands on)
- Touching on speciality controls + Additional tips and tricks.
This is designed to be an interactive workshop. At the end of which, you should feel confident to go out and prescribe power wheelchairs, seating functions and control systems.
Presenter: Samuel Baker
Samuel Baker (B.Eng, Rehabilitation Engineer) joined the Ottobock Mobility Solutions Team in 2015, is the Business Development Manager for NSW, and specialises in Complex Power. He has a background in research and biorobotics before making the transition to industry. He has worked in both hospital settings and Government (MASS - QLD) before joining Ottobock. He brings a fresh face and enthusiasm to the assistive technology industry.
Lunch is provided. Please email email@example.com if you have any dietary requirements.